Father David's Stewardship Dream
My dream for our Parish, when it comes to Stewardship:
- I would like our parish to NEVER worry about money again
- All offerings pay for everything we need or desire to evangelize God’s love and mercy
- There will be no second collections for anything except maybe for a special fund drive for charity outside of our parish community
- I wish to see at least 75% of our parish involved in some form of Ministry activity
- We tithe up to 10% of our weekly offertory to charities in and around our parish community. We would have a board of parishioners who would be responsible for dispensing the monies.
- Any remodeling or repairs needed for any of our buildings or ministries will be covered by the talents of parishioners free of charge.
- We adopt a Catholic parish in Haiti to help in their mission.
- We help the elderly in our parish with household chores (grass cutting, home repairs, etc.) for those physically unable to do so.
- I wish to have a Spiritual Center where people of all ages and faiths can come to St. Mark and learn about God and the Church.
PS: I also invite you to read about my personal Stewardship journey...