Preparation in the Parish is necessary for the sacraments, whether attending public or parochial schools. Two full, consecutive years of Faith Formation are required to register in the Sacramental preparation program.
If your child or teen missed receiving the sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist or Confirmation, we have a variety of programs to meet the needs of various age groups.
Please contact the Faith Formation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Download the 2012-13 Sacramental Preparation Information Sheet -- CLICK HERE.
Requirements for First Communion
• Child has reached age of reason (second grade or older)
• Adequate Participation in Religious Education program (2 consecutive years with proper attendance)
• Complete Sacramental Request Form at time of class registration
• Provide the office with a copy of child’s Baptism certificate
• Parent Attendance at First Reconciliation Meeting
• Preparation in the home for Reconciliation, including completion of student text
• Child needs to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation before they receive Communion
• Parent Attendance at First Communion Meeting
• Preparation in the home for Communion, including completion of student text
• Retreat Attendance for parent(s) and child